"Finally, brothers, whatever things are true, whatever things are honest, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." Philippians 4:8

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Inspired

Being new to the blogosphere, I started exploring other blogs yesterday. This was not on purpose, but I ran across one and from that one, I found another, then another, and so on. Not that it was surprising, but it became quite apparent what I like to read about. They were all sites that have to do with baking and decorative desserts. I am so inspired by all the ideas others are sharing! I have added a list of the blogs that I'm now following and spending way too much reading. I can't wait to open a bakery! (which by the way is now a bakery/candy shop/every kind of wedding and party dessert shop)

I do have a cake order coming up in a few weeks - the first in a while. Last year, I worked with a large group of people who when I started bringing cakes in for birthdays, started ordering cakes - really often. I was also a full-time student at that time and held that part-time job. It was a busy, but very fun time! Since finishing school and transitioning into the real world, however, my baking has become pretty sporadic. The cake I have coming up is for a graduation party and I'm so excited about it! After reading all of these other blogs, I really would like to create a complete dessert buffet. I'm not entirely sure at what formality level the party will be so this might not be quite what they need, but I hope it is! There are a lot of people coming so maybe they will want something like that. We'll see!

Thank you all of you oh-so-helpful, inspiring, and talented bloggers that are sharing ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment