"Finally, brothers, whatever things are true, whatever things are honest, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." Philippians 4:8

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

And, we're back

Well, I'm back after a few weeks of absence. Actually, quite a lot has happened since I've last posted. Maybe my blog will be interesting now, haha. Well, I've been to Destin, Florida and Baltimore, Maryland over the last two weeks. I'm so glad to have gotten to visit the beaches before the effects of the oil spill shows its ugly face. I'm from the coast and am SO sad about what might happen to our beautiful beaches.
Anyway, both locales were very nice. This was my first time to Charm City and I liked it, but I was really ready to be home after having been gone for 2 weeks.
Another thing that happened in the last week is that I've made a very important life decision. I'll report on this soon...

Coming up this week is the deadline to sign up for a local Farmers Market which is now open to home bakers! I think I'll do it! Yay!

One of the most important things that happened since I last wrote is a new challenge, surprise, surprise. This one feels different though. I don't think this is something that I'm doing just because. I experienced a turning point, an aha moment, if you will, while I was in Baltimore.

I've fought the weight battle forever, as many have. I've tried a million "diets" and exercise programs. I'm not going to say that these programs don't work for me, I'm going to be honest. I did not give them the effort. I did not stick with them. I gave up long before they could present results. It's probably not so bad that I didn't continue some them, as they're not all the healthiest approaches.
So I told you that to tell you this. When i was in Baltimore, I was standing by the sink area of a ladies' room waiting on a friend of mine and I just happened to look in the mirror. That was the moment. I had a realization. The question came to my mind, how did I let it get this far? That was it. Right then and there I decided it's time for some changes. And it's not just about the way I look, it's about health.

As of yesterday, Monday May 10th, I, and my husband actually, have started making some healthier choices. It comes down to it - you have to burn more calories than you consume to lose weight. You also need to include not only low cal items, but nutritious elements like fruits and veggies - they're naturally low in calories mostly anyway.

This feels different to me than other "attempts". I feel fed up. I'm tired of being defeated by something that is 100% in my control. I can do this. I think I'll use this as a forum for tracking my progress. Who knows, maybe someone will be inspired!

Even though I have a new outlook, there will be some challenges. Other than the usual food temptations, as I mentioned before I will likely be participating in the Farmers Market. That means I'll be preparing numerous baked goodies every week. As a rule, I cannot serve something that I have not tasted, so this should make this pretty interesting. I suppose we'll see!

Yesterday's tracking info to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment